Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I got to hold her for three hours. Three hours of mommy/baby time. Ellie's nurse today suggested wrapping her to me, with two squares of fabric. It worked SO well, both squares get folded into triangles, and the ends get tied together. The pointy part of the triangle gets tucked up under her. Her sats were low, at 80 right before I held her, and went up to 95-98 while I was holding her. I could have sat there all day long, except that my breasts started protesting. Ugh, I can't go longer than 3 hours without a pumping session. I spend a lot of time in the pump room. My little freezer box is full, and my big freezer box is started. I am going to be adding 5-6 bottles to the big box daily. It's going to fill up quickly.

I talked to the social worker today about parking. It costs $15 a DAY to park here. While I was on bedrest, my insurance covered one car a day, with in and out priviledges. Now that she's here, it doesn't. How does that make sense?! I asked if they gave discounts or anything, because one week is going to cost over a hundred dollars! Jason makes "too much". Nevermind that our mortgage is based on a dual income of $40k more than we're making, and that we can barely pay our bills... we make too much to qualify for help. It's so frustrating. Jason didn't come in today. I got a ride in with my mil on her way in to work, and will get a ride home with her this afternoon.

My parents are away tomorrow, back on Thursday, and I think we're going to start staying there. I wish it were easier to figure this all out. I really wish someone could just write down where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to do, but I'm a big girl, I should be able to figure it out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment