Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's official, I've been here for TWO WEEKS.

I really don't sleep well when there's someone else in the room. The iv pump "snores", the nurses come in a lot more frequently, and I wake up at every little sound. Today, I'm tired.

The doctor came in early today, just for a status check. Still passing small clots, so they're thinking that the bleeding is fairly constant, it's just pooling, and when I get up to move around, or go to the washroom, gravity takes over and it comes out. NSTs whenever I want, as long as they are daily. Ellie is really good in the afternoon, so I'm aiming for afternoons, when she's active. My nurse told me to call her when I feel her grooving.

For the past almost week now, room 11, a private room, has been sitting vacant. My doctor asked the charge nurse about that this morning. Apparently, it's being held for someone coming in on Friday. Really? What's so wrong with that patient that they aren't here NOW? If their condition is so serious that they need to have their own room, shouldn't they be here already?

I don't know how long this roommate is going to be here. She's nice, but she keeps the curtains closed, and the blinds to outside shuttered. It's dark in here. Last night, I could hear her in a lot of pain, but she didn't call a nurse until an hour after she started moaning and sighing. I was on the brink of calling them myself. If I could sleep with earplugs in, that would be terrific, but I can't stand the feeling.

My mom said that if I get a single room, she'll have her hairdresser come in and give me a hair cut! Nothing drastic, I just need the ends cleaned up, and a little shaping. Still growing it as long as it will go without looking silly.

I wish I could have a long shower. But, I'm limited by my bed rest activity level, and the guilt that comes with sharing a room with someone who has to pee, a lot. I wish it were tomorrow already.

I've been on bed rest for 63 days, and I've been here for 14 days. I think they'll induce me the week of May 10-17, so that's only another 27-35 days. The end is in sight, there is a light at the end of this long tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment