Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday, April 17, 2011

it's 7:29am, and I managed to get a couple hours of sleep in. Of course, after my last flood, it took a while for me to fall asleep, and just as I did, it was time for a baby check, and iv bag shift.

Then, I fell asleep again, and at 7 something, the iv monitor started alarming, so I had to wake up, call the nurse, and have her fiddle with it. I waddled to the bathroom (because that's all you can do when you're wearing a pad the size of a canoe), hoping that maybe the leaking would have stopped. Nope, ha, not a freaking chance.

The exciting part for me, is that I pPROM'd 14.5 hours ago, and I'm still not having anything in the form of even half-regular contractions. With Jake, my membranes ruptured at 8am, and he was born at 7:01pm, after 4 or so hours of labor and pushing. Way to stay put little Peanut.

I read that the amniotic fluid completely replaces itself every three hours. NO WONDER I am leaking forever.

No family visits today, they're all at our house in Ladner, finally (several weeks too late) getting rid of the old furniture, to make room for the new furniture we've inherited from my parents' move! This is the week everything happens, and do I ever wish someone would paint the nursery, just the nursery, before everything gets put in there. Will have to add that to the "Honey-Do" list.

They gave me another one of those freakishly, horribly, drawn hospital brochures, this time on ruptured membranes. Will photograph it later to post, but really, really, they should probably not include graphics that make a mom want to freak out even more at a stressful situation.

All my nurses are surprised with how calm I have been over the past couple weeks, but since yesterday especially. What else am I supposed to do? Stress isn't good for the baby, there's nothing I can do to change ANY of this, it's completely out of my control. I am okay with that. hmmm... I wonder if being here, and learning how to not be in control, is going to affect things like the fear I have traveling as a passenger in cars, or airplanes (obviously I'd be a passenger there, last time I checked I didn't know how to fly a plane!)

I am tired. Tonight I am most definitely asking for sleeping pills. I remember quite clearly, back when Jake was born, telling Jason that my only regret was not having taken a sleeping pill the night I was induced. I could sure use the sleep, especially with a baby coming soon (or in the next 16 days)

Holy shit. 16 days, MAX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment