Thursday, April 21, 2011

740am thursday

I spent all night attached to this effing monitor. Every part of me hurts from having to lie on my back, and they wouldn't give me anything to help me sleep.
I did get to eat some toast at midnight... plain, white, buttered toast. It was surprisingly delicious.

The contractions are still niggly, and for a while in the night I had a fever. Not so much now, but my uterus hurts. It is achy.

Dr. D who was on overnight said she's going to consult with Dr. Lim who is on today. Depending on the two of them, they'll either continue monitoring me up in evergreen for further signs of infection, or they'll start me on antibiotics for chorioamnionitis and start proper induction meds.

I am 32w2d today. After 32 weeks, you don't need the mag sulfate, so I am happy about that.

Dr. D said that chorio is really bad for baby. They used to wait until the mom showed more signs, but research has shown delivering in the sub-clinical stage is way, way better for tiny babies. You don't want a preemie with chorio.

So, waiting on "the word"... will post with more details as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment