Monday, April 18, 2011

AFI and Dopplers

I just had my afi and dopplers done. AFI on Thursday, was 200mm overall. Today, it was 4mm. The largest pocket she measured was 1.7mm. No wonder little Ellie isn't moving. Poor peanut. It also explains why I'm hardly leaking anymore. I do every couple of hours, just a bit, enough to need to wear a pad all the time, but it seems everything she outputs just leaks right on out :(

Her dopplers were still "good", as in positive flowing. Super high resistance (96th percentile), but still good. I wonder how the umbilical cord does dry out when there's hardly any water... The images were super blurry too, I guess having lots of fluid makes for clearly pictures. I am a bit scared, no, I am really scared. I drank SO much water this morning, hoping to have it make a difference. The tech even looked in Ellie's bladder, to see if there was more about to come out. Nope.

How is it that all these rare things keep happening to me?! I know most of them are linked. The SCH, the chronic abruption, the iugr, and now pPROM, but it doesn't seem fair.

Because the largest pocket they found was 1.7mm, that puts us in the "mild" oligohydramnios (fancy word for not enough fluid) category, which is better than severe. It seems like everywhere I can find says trying to make it to 34 weeks, as long as she's still okay, and as long as I'm still okay. I had nightmares of her dying last night, obviously I need to watch what sort of articles I read before bed.

Tomorrow is Jason's birthday. Looks like if I want to participate in the party (the grandmothers are planning a party in the lounge here), I'm going to have to do so from my bed. Thank goodness it rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment