Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unplugged for a few hours

I took the afternoon/evening off everything. My parents came to visit, which was somewhat of an emotional disaster, and I was glad when Gail saved the day by dropping in at *just* the right moment to save me from a meltdown <3

I turned off my phone, I unplugged my computer, and I spent three hours making Ellie a blanket. I love it. I used the Monaluna Monaco Organic flower print, and did a fleece backing, with cotton border. I think it turned out really cute. Appliqued on an E, like I did on the burp cloth. It really didn't take that long to do, and I was content not to think about anything other than the next stitch at hand.

I had a lovely shower, a good baby check, and now I'm just waiting for my 10pm shot in the arm, so that I can wind down and go to sleep. My nurse told me that there will be someone beside me tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon. She's having a procedure done in the OR, then will be here for monitoring. She said it was doubtful that person would stay overnight, but who knows!

I am really curious to know what's going on inside my body. My girl parts feel weird. I wonder if my cervix is changing without contractions, because it sure feels like a LOT of pressure down there. I have no intention of checking, the weird trans-vag scan yesterday was enough to make me hope nothing gives me an infection, especially since there's no mucous plug shielding E from all the yuck out there.

I'm ready for my bed-time snack. Speaking of bed-time, Jake didn't call to say goodnight :( He was so, so cute today. He was way more snugglicious than usual, and was really interested in everything the nurses were doing. "Hi, Nurses!!... Mommy, I said Hi to the Nurses!...Nurse checking mommy? Nurse fixing mommy's teeth?" He was mesmerized by the thermometer and was absolutely CONVINCED that it was a tool for fixing teeth. He repeated the words "Blood Pressure" and thanked the nurse when she was done. Adorable. The boys must have been here over an hour, and he would have stayed next to me all day long. I almost cried when they left, I miss them so very much.

My boobs, which were engorged the other day, are now flatter than they have been in MONTHS. I have no idea what is up with that. It's completely bizarre. It's a good thing I don't wear a bra while I'm sitting here, none would fit for more than a day. Too big, too small... make up your mind already!

I'll have been here for a week, tomorrow. No one has mentioned anything about going home since Saturday. I don't flinch anymore with any of the needles, not the heparin, not the iv starts, not the blood draws. I have had to pull down my pants for more people than I can count, so they can check the contents of my pad. I don't even care anymore. I used to be so shy about my girl parts, you're not allowed to be shy when you're here. I haven't gone 12 hours without bleeding, so I definitely don't qualify for the 72hours of no bleeding, and you get to go home, thing. I hope I remember to ask the doctor tomorrow what the plan for me is. Yeah, she's had a couple abnormal nsts, but her continuous monitoring has been fine, and the ultrasounds have been fine. But, i guess, if I were to go back to the home care program, each time I have a bad nst, I would end up having to come back here. It's probably easier to just be here, where we're safe. Not to mention, my parents are mid-move... I don't want to interfere with their plans, and cause chaos.

Sigh... I wish I were home.

No comments:

Post a Comment