Thursday, April 21, 2011

900 update

One of the residents just came in for a quick check-in. They're waiting on my bloodwork to come back. Seems like I am high on their priority list and the docs have been having quite the debate discussing the pros and cons of delivering vs not delivering. Nothing is clearcut with me. I have a little bit of a fever, my past blood counts have been a little wonky. My belly hurts, ellie is little, I'm at a high risk of abrupting and I pprom'd. They know I'm worried about E getting an infection, especially after Gideon passed away.
Right now they're consulting with eachother, but also want to consult with the night team (inductions take a while!) To make sure that the night on-call doctors are on the same page as the daytime ones.
Part of me thinks that today is going to be induction day, and tomorrow is going to be her birthday. We'll have to see what they think.
I'm scared a bit, trying to be as rational as possible. Getting to term is impossible, getting to 34 weeks without infection is improbable.
More waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment