Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I've been here a full week.

This morning I woke up at 8am. I still have that headache, which won't go away :( Other than that, though, I'm feeling pretty decent. I believe today is the day the library girls make their rounds, and I know there are a couple books I would like from the locked cupboard in the lounge. There's one about pregnancy blues, and it might do me some good to read through it.

Ellie was moving like CRAZY last night, such a good girl. I had some contractions, but it was definitely nothing serious. I just had breakfast, and now I'm waiting on my first baby check of the day. I don't know if I ate too quickly, or what, but I feel hideously nauseated at the moment. If I wasn't afraid of a) my water breaking if I barf too hard, and b) the germs that live in the bathroom, I think I'd be hanging out on the floor. Ha, those fears are pretty good at keeping things down.

I'm still upset at my mom over her commotion yesterday. I'd rather not go into details, but it's probably not a good idea to go visit someone in the hospital, who is there to make sure there are no stresses, and stress that person out. She didn't even call me last night to apologize, which is ridiculous, because if it had been go-time, I would have been still upset at her, and I don't think that would have made for particularly calming labor support.

Baby check was great. 131bpm heart rate for Ellie, my bp was great 110/68, normal temperature. And, Ellie was trying to kick the doppler away, which she doesn't normally do. She's a feisty little one. My nurse said "Okay, now I just have to smell your pad and I will leave it there for the doctor". *GAG* I could NEVER be a nurse. As I turned a nice crimson color, she told me "Yeah, it's smells funky. I can't even describe it, but you're right, it's a weird smell".

Ah... all for the baby, this is all for the baby, it's worth it, the embarrassment and lack of privacy are worth having a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment