Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10?? Seriously, April is in double digits already? That's amazing :)

This morning, I have already had two baby checks. I'm not sure why, but I had one at 6am, and one just now, at 9am.

In addition to the usual rigmarole of blood pressure, temperature and baby doppler, this morning they weighed me (152lbs, up 22lbs since the beginning!!), and made me pee in a cup. I haven't had to pee in a cup since my first day here.

Being nosy, and since it is my body, I decided to test a pee strip out myself in a separate sample, just to see what I got. A lot of the things they look for came back with abnormal ranges on my test, but after doing a little research, vaginal secretions (which I have pretty much constantly) can totally skew the results. The test I did came back with Leukocytes ++ (that's not entirely surprising, as my last blood work showed an elevated white blood cell count), Protein 0.3 (kind of a little bit scary if that one is true, because that was my first sign of PIH with Jakob), Normal pH, Blood present as much as it can be(I sure didn't see anything that looked like blood in the sample!). Actually, a lot of the things that came back, indicate a bladder infection, but I'm pretty positive I don't have one. No issues peeing, no burning, no need to go every three seconds. Hmmm... I'm just going to go ahead and believe that the test I did was contaminated and I'll see what they say when they do theirs.

Today is gloomy out. And, today I didn't wake up in the greatest of moods, which is kind of sad. Mornings are supposed to be my favourite time of day. I wasn't totally into breakfast, this morning, either. Oh well... maybe when I see Jakob, everything will turn itself around and I'll be back to my cheery self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment