Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday, april 24, 2011

Wow. The past two days have gone by in a blur. It is Ellie's third day of life today, the most amazing Easter gift.

Yesterday mroning was incredibly hard for me. I slept through a pumping wake-up call, and didn't wake up til 830am, two and a half hours after I was supposed to take my bottles down to the nicu. I had a complete breakdown, and cried for an hour. When I got over it, I pumped, then spent the day downstairs. I got to hold her again, for an hour. Jay came during that time to pack my things in preparation for discharge.
Around noon, my good friend Ali came to take pictures of Ellie. The photos are amazing, so beautiful. Tonight I am going to put together her birth announcement. I can't wait!
I spent a lot of time in the pump room, pumping and chatting with some long time nicu parents. It is a strange place, the pump room. We are all there, being milked likw cows, so we can feed our tiny babies. The other parents really are so nice, warm and welcoming. Above all, they are tremendously supportive.
In the afterboon, I left the hospital for the first time since March 30th. Jay held one of my hands, Jakob the other. We were all sad to leave our little Ellie there.
We went to my parents for dinner, then jason and I went back for a last pump and Daddy's first snuggle. Then, we picked up our boy and went HOME. Home... amazing. We all slept in our bed, and I got up every three hours to pump. Pump, pump, pump! Thanks Ali for lending me your pump, and for the incredible cookies!!
I slept so amazingly well last night, despite the pumping sessions.
We woke up early today, dropped Jake at the inlaws, then headed in to the hospital. Ellie had a great night! She is such a good girl. - pumped, then snuggled her for an hour. We put her in a pink onesie from home. The doctor today said she can discontinue antibiotics, and increase feeds to 4ml every 2 hours! Oh, and she is gaining again!!! Yesterday she was down to 1315g and today she was 1348g. Good girl :)
We left at noon, to pick up a gift for my sil's baby shower. I was rewally emotional at the shower. I miss being pregnant. I wish I could have been pregnant for longer :(
We are on our way back to the hospital now. Just pulling into the lot. Going to visit for a bit, and go home for easter dinner. Will post pictures tonight.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment