Wednesday, April 6, 2011

RAWWWRRR

My tube-filled neighbour, who is recovering from a TAC procedure, has three adults and two kids in with her at the moment. The kids are LOUD, and I have a head ache. They keep using my washroom. Okay, it's not *mine*, but I have to use it, and I am absolutely not okay with more people using it than necessary. Considering I still feel like I am going to barf my guts out, despite the shot of whatever they gave me, I am so irritated they would be so rude.

I get that she's post-op and can't go the the lounge, but they're not even trying to keep it down.

Dr. P came by just now. Same old, and she apologized for not being able to give me any other news. I am still bleeding, and she thinks the funky smell is the result of blood breaking down. She wasn't overly concerned, and doesn't want to mess with anything down there, so no extra tests. We are going to have some blood tests done to check out the headache and nausea. She thought that maybe I was having a migraine. I don't know, the headache doesn't go away, so it's possible. I get to stop the heparin injections, and I'm going to start wearing the compression stockings during the night, and I can get up and walk more during the day. She said she doesn't think that my activity is going to cause more bleeding, but she is concerned that I might have an abruption, and it would be bad to be on heparin if that happened. So, more walking, YAY, less lying around, YAY, but, I don't get to go home. I asked... she said, if they were to send me home, I'd be back and forth so often it wouldn't be worth it. Especially since I had those contractions on Saturday, and because I've had several non-reactive nsts, that would mean I'd have to come back in. Here, I have a bed, I have a spot. It's safer for the baby and I to be here.

Dr. P said she's so happy I've made it to 30 weeks. She said there's no way we'll make it to 40, but 30 is great, especially since three weeks ago it looked like it was going to happen then. 1000 grams is also fantastic!

Hmmm... contractions are starting again. I hope it's just that I'm tired and cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment