Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Today, on what would have been my grandmother's 92nd birthday, the sun shone, the birds sang, and my daughter had her first nap on our dining table, at home.

Dining table? It's the only place where Ellie can be sort of at waist level, which saves us our backs, and also where we can put all her equipment. She's sleeping in the bassinette of our traditional pram. She will fit it until she's about three years old, but I hope that she doesn't need to sleep there for that long.


Nurses wanted to be able to keep a light on, and not worry about interupting our sleep, or Jakob's. Tonight, at 11pm, we meet our first nurse. She's one of three assigned to Ellie's care.

I have a whole post I want to write about our experience with the ICU, and leaving. But for now, I hope you'll understand, I'm going to sit and stare at my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment