Tuesday, March 27, 2012

6:20am

Ellie had a decent night, satting around 95 throughout the night. The just did a bedside X-ray, hoping to get a better picture than what they got at delta.
I am still trying to process everything from yesterday, but something the paramedic said stuck with me. If it had been cyanosis, that the desat was related to poor oxygenation due to lung issues, Ellie would have been blue. She was grey... She looked like a statue. Thinking about her looking like that still sends panic coursing through veins.
The paramedic said grey is usually associated with infection or an obstruction. One of the nurses wondered if she might have had what they call a plug.
I don't know. "Respect the airway", is what Dr. Dee always says. I'm ready for rounds, ready to know what happened and why.
Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment