Sunday, March 4, 2012

2:40pm

We've been here since 1pm. Ellie was sleepy when we got here, but happy to see us. We played with her for a while on her play mat, then fed her, and snuggled until she was ready to nap. I hooked up all our equipment, attached her to the oximeter, then settled her down. She's been fussy with the mask today, really fidgety, and not wanting to have it on her face. Dr. Seear said it's likely tonight is not going to go as we hope it will, but that will be good for us asking for 7 nights of nursing at home. I don't know why it is so difficult to get hours filled. Financially, it makes a lot more sense to have Ellie cared for in the home, as opposed to staying in ICU at over $2000 a night. We aren't paying for it, but someone is, and it doesn't make sense. Even at $30 an hour, for 8 hours, that's only $240 a night!! Oh well, not my problem, really. All I care about is the safety of my daughter. We were scheduled to get a private room, but the little girl who was heading home, suddenly got really sick, in the span of half an hour, so they are keeping her. I am so grateful that Ellie is "healthy". I don't mind at all that I will have to sleep in the open ward, that is totally fine. I think that the little girl should stay and get healthy before she goes home. No sense in going home, only to have to come back in the night, go through the horror that is an ER admission, then come back here, and not have her room. I don't feel well. I don't know if it's some stupid psychological glitch, or what, but every time I stay overnight in hospital, I have stomach issues. Bad stomach issues... and there is no washroom even remotely close to Ellie. The nurses said they would watch her if I have to leave, though, so that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment