Monday, March 12, 2012

I miss working. I miss having an income that I am responsible for. I hate that my hands don't work. I don't understand how I can have stupid, crippled hands at 28 years old. It makes no sense. The other day, I made a crib sheet for Ellie, and by the time I was finished sewing on the elastic, my hands hurt so badly I had to take Tylenol AND Advil. This makes me very, very sad.

I love being creative, though, and I still love all things baby, so I've been thinking of rebranding SusieCues as a first birthday/special occasions outfit shop. I've had my eye on an embroidery machine for a long time, and would love to make shirts and onesies like the ones that I've bought Ellie and Linnea. I have leg warmers mastered, and found a really good pettiskirt supplier (too much time and effort involved in making them myself), SO, I'm thinking of investing in a new sewing machine, and starting to make complete oufits (leg warmers, pettiskirts, onesies, and maybe a headband), for little girls.

There are lots of this kind of shop. Lots of onesie retailers, leg warmer retailers, pettiskirt retailers, BUT, it took three stores for me to find the outfit I wanted for each girl, and a lot of shops are seriously overpriced. Embroidering the shirts isn't as involved for my hands, but just as creative. I love graphic design, and would probably really enjoy coming up with new designs.

So, something for me to mull over.

No comments:

Post a Comment