Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's 4:30pm on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Jakob and I are devouring a French yogurt cake, which Jakob made 95% on his own. We're watching Rio. I am drinking my coffee. Today, I did six loads of laundry, folded them and put them away. I decluttered all three bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen, went to the farm to buy eggs, went grocery shopping, and came home to teach Jakob how to crack eggs, and make cake. While he was doing his baking, I prepped the batter for deeeeelicious buttermilk pancakes we will have tomorrow morning, and checked on the ribs I've had cooking since this morning, and got my kale chips ready for baking.

I have done so much today, and it's all because Jakob is sick. Mr. Snot-nosed Goopy-Eye Crankypants is feeling very much under the weather, and with Jason working, my MIL out of town, and my mother with a prior engagement, I can't go to the hospital today. Today I have reclaimed no less than five hours out of the day, and I feel it!

The downside, and it's a very major one, I don't get to have my baby girl.

The cake recipe is SOOOO easy, hence my letting Jakob do all the work.

Basic Mix Ingredients
* 1 x Individually sized Yogurt Pot (YP)
* 2 x YP Sugar
* 3 x Eggs
* 1tsp baking powder
* 3 x YP Plain flour
* 2/3 YP Vegetable Oil
Method
* take a large mixing bowl and mix together all the ingredients
* pour mixture into a loaf pan
* bake in an oven at 180C for about 30 mins

As for the Kale Chips, which are all in my belly, two minutes after coming out of the oven, they're even easier!
Wash, remove the stem, and break into 1.5" pieces. Toss in olive oil, spread on two baking sheets, sprinkle with coarse salt, and bake at 400F for 12-15minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment