Monday, March 5, 2012

I am so tired, but I can't sleep, and I'm aching for Ellie. Last night took a toll on my emotions, I wasn't prepared for how much it would hurt to leave her, after being with her for 24 hours.

Jason and I have been talking more and more about what we really want for our family. We want to live somewhere we can be active, close to good schools (preferably with some sort of French immersion program), close to shopping, and in a small community. Realistically, we're looking at Ladner, and Tsawwassen, and right now we're leaning heavily towards Tsawwassen.

There's a house we like, it has everything we need, and the price is right, so that we wouldn't be mortgaged to the hilt. The yard is awesome, a huge front yard, fully private, thanks to some lovely laurel bushes. The back yard is fantastic, it has an outdoor fireplace, little patio, and double-wide workshop. The house is small. If we were serious about it, we would lose 300 square feet, or two of our bathrooms, a bit of storage and our stairs. The house is 1340 square feet. Three bedrooms, one bathroom. New lots, but done in the way that we like. Across the street from an elementary school, which offers late immersion, and would be ideal for when the kids are school aged. I imagine Ellie coming home from school for lunch, where lunch would be routine, predictable, and I could always make sure she's okay.

This week, we tried out a grocery delivery service. I didn't really like the price, but the quality was great, and having food arrive at the door was fantastic. I was thinking about it tonight, and it dawned on me that being able to have all that I need show up, without my having to take the kids to the store, will be rather beneficial when the brunt of the PWS symptoms kick in. Maybe that's what compelled me to try it, I'm not sure. I've been looking, and Thrifty Foods in Tsawwassen has a delivery service. $7.50 an order, for anything in the store. To some, it might seem really lazy, having everything done for me, but if it saves my baby girl the stress of being around food, I'm all for it.

Smaller house, smaller mortgage (than what we were originally planning on getting), means more money for things like grocery delivery. Also means less bathrooms to clean, three is two too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment