Wednesday, March 28, 2012

8:34am

Little Miss woke me up this morning at 6am. I'm glad I decided to stay the night, I actually woke up because she was struggling with rainout in her bipap mask. There's no way they would have been able to tell from out in the nursing station. I think I will stay again tonight.

When she was up, I brought her into my cot, and we snuggled for an hour. She is so lovely. Her big blue eyes, in person, are a hundred times more amazing than in photos, and when they're inches from your own, you can get lost in them.

It's different being here this time. She's mine. I reclaimed her when we came home last week, and nothing is going to make me leave her for as long as I did when she was here before.

Her respiratory rate is high today, as is her heart rate, so they said at rounds they are going to start a Pulmicort nebulizer, to hopefully clear out whatever junk is in her lungs. We have to wait an hour after each feed to put her back on bipap, and they're going to start regular nasal suction. Good times... or something.

It's funny how she perks up when people come in to see her. When it's just us, she's lethargic, she whimpers, she looks at me with the most pitiful of expressions. When someone else comes in, especially someone she's close to, her eyes brighten, and she makes an effort to interact. Silly little belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment