Monday, March 26, 2012

715pm

Today has been the scariest day of my life. This afternnon, ellie was increasingly lethargic, and struggling to breathe. Awake, on bipap, she was satting at 85 and was grey. I called 911. Fire came first, administered O2, and tried to rouse her. She pinked up a bit. Paramedics arrived, and my neighbour Jan showed up. She took a terrified Jakob to her house. He saw me hysterical on the phone, watched as a bunch of men decended on the house, and was so brave.
Paramedics are bound to go to the nearest hospital. We came to Delta. She's on 10l O2, has had a chest xray and two nebulizer treatments. Her sats refuse to go above 95. RT said one lung has diminished intake, the other is very crackly. Likely aspiration pnuemonia. From Thursday...
We are waiting for ITT to take us back to Children's ICU. It is a good thing we came here first, there was a crash in the tunnel.
I am battered. Finding strength I don't know where!
ITT is just around the corner. 5 minutes til I get to repeat, for the dozenth time, my shitty afternoon.
Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment