Thursday, March 29, 2012

10:12am

E had a good night. She had one considerable desat when she pushed the mask off her face, and I didn't hear it. You wouldn't believe the level of white noise here, it's crazy! At home, it's impossible to miss the sound of the leak when the mask comes off, but here, it just sounds the same.

She has been doing really well with Pulmicort and frequent suctioning. She just had a treatment about half an hour ago, and finally gave a good cough, followed by four sneezes. I got a lot of goop out using the suction thingy. Wish I had suction at home.

E is rather pitiful today, she's not got a lot of energy to spare, and her sats are hovering in the low 90's.
After a good cough and suction, she can go up to 98, but it doesn't usually last long, before dwindling back down .
I am so ready for my baby girl to feel energetic, bubbly and happy again.  Her favourite use of "Mamamamama" is in protest to the nebulizer. It's almost like she's saying "Excuse me, Mommy, could you please get them to stop this?"

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Susie, I checked your blog for the first time this week and I'm so sorry Ellie is back in the hospital. I wish I lived closer so I could bring you a meal or something. I'm praying for your family and your little fighter. That top pic of her breaks my heart. Hang in there! Big (((HUGS)))!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, thank you!! She's doing so much better now :)

      Delete