Friday, March 23, 2012

Dinner!

My stomach is growling. I am so eager for dinner to be ready! Also, very excited to see how it turned out. I very rarely make the same thing twice, mainly because I love to try new recipes! I am awful at sticking to the directions!

Tonight, I chose two recipes from Pinterest for my inspiration. The first is Baked Fried Chicken. As I said, awful at sticking to recipes, so I changed things up a little with my spices, and I used whole wheat flour, and instead of milk, I used up the last of the buttermilk in my fridge! Don't think that by baking, it makes it any more healthy. A waistline friendly recipe this is not! It calls for "frying" the chicken (I used turkey), in a quarter cup of butter, in the oven. Yumdiddlydum! I think if I make this again, I will bake the tenders in a corningware dish, instead of cookie sheet. I had trouble flipping them over, and most of the pieces lost their flour coating in the process, on one side. They tasted pretty good, but weren't quite crispy enough for my liking. That said, they're all gone!



 

The second recipe, is Slow-Cooker Mac n Cheese. I didn't use macaroni, I added garlic, onion, and cherry tomatoes, AND a small container (maybe 2 cups?) of cottage cheese. Didn't have the cheese they called for, so I used marble cheddar. Didn't have bread crumbs, so no bread crumbs on top. It was HEAVENLY.  Will make it again for SURE.

Ha, and I completely forgot the salad, so we'll have to catch up on veggies tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment