Friday, March 30, 2012

12:50pm


E's nights and days are completely mixed up. I don't blame her, we're in a room with no windows, and Dr. Dee said that's enough to make anyone go insane. They're trying to get us a "room with a view", but that's dependent on a little girl in another isolation room being moved up to the wards. I'd be happy to be back in the TCU, even if it was just in an isolation room, we feel so far away from everything over here.

E's had lots of people stopping by to see her through the windows. They wave, she smiles. People we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, are so happy they get to see her again. I'm constantly amazed at how E draws people in, she's got the power to reach even the most hardened of hearts.

Look at those eyes! I know, she's my baby, but she's the prettiest little girl I have ever seen. She knows so much, you can see it.

I've been struggling with all of this. It's not fun being stuck in hospital, when we were supposed to be home. 

Walking down the hallways, counting the stars on the walls, running my fingers along the rail to feel something, to connect with reality. I could navigate these halls with a blindfold on. 

I've been writing more, by hand, and the cramps I felt in my hands are subsiding as the muscles remember what it is like to write, and write, and write. I've been working on my book. It's hard to focus, so when I have moments of clarity, I try to dedicate myself to it. I love writing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment