Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today was a mixed bag of emotions for me. We spent the early afternoon packing up all of E's clothes, and toys. We filled two moving boxes, and five bags with all her stuff! When she was ready for her afternoon nap, Jason, Jakob and I headed over to my mom's house for tea and a snack.

When we came back, for her 4:30pm feed, we walked in to a surprise party! They'd bought a cake, which said Congratulations Ellie and Family. We also got a card, signed by everyone working today, and both kids got incredibly spoiled with wrapped presents! I will post more photos in a few days, when I've had a chance to process all the images on my camera.

Ellie had her first taste of cake. It provided all of us with a big laugh. Laughing helped, because I was so overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone. So many people stopped by to say goodbye to Ellie today. People I don't remember meeting. People who are genuinely sad to see her leave, but happy she's going home. I can't tell you how many times I heard "What are we going to do now? Who are we going to play with on our breaks? Who are we going to cuddle when we're feeling down?"

The love they all feel for our sweet little girl is amazing, incredible, everything. We are so, so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment