Thursday, March 29, 2012

Changes are Coming...

So, today it happened. My mother found my blog. Now, I never really intended to keep it a secret from either of my parents, but I always knew in the back of my mind that they would really care about what I post. I started this blog what seems like a lifetime ago, and I've kept a very detailed account of everything I've been through. You see, my parents are very private people. I guess, in some ways, I am too. I've always written, from as long as I can remember, and for years and years it was enough to keep a diary, a long, lovingly written letter to myself. Then, somewhere along the lines, it made sense to me to share what I wrote with others. My mom and I had a long heart to heart this evening, about why I write. This place, these virtual pages, give me an arena to express what I'm going through, to people who won't change their view of me for what I write. It was never intended for friends, or for family to read, but over the months it's become common knowledge. My mom knows that I have to write. It's not something I want to do, it's something I need to do. Words, sentences, paragraphs form in my mind, and the only way to get them out is to write them out. It's my equivalent to crying. My mom asked why I couldn't just start up a diary again. It's not the same. I love this blog. It is a part of me, but I miss the anonymity. And, as more people know about it, I worry about the safety of my kids. So, I'm keeping the blog, but I'm making big changes. I'm taking us back to anonymity. If you follow us, and you're friends with me, and you love my kids, I ask that you please respect the change, and only refer to the kids as E, and J. The hubby will henceforth be referred to as DH (which, in online speak means Dear Husband). Other abbreviations you will likely find are MIL (mother-in-law), SIL (sister-in-law), L for my niece. I have made a point not to talk about DH's work, and I will keep it like that. Doctor's names will be abbreviated, and the hospital will just be Children's. I think that's about it. It's hard to get back the privacy we had in the beginning, but I'm going to try a little harder to make my parents happy. Their opinion means a lot to me, and I want for them to be happy, and not worried about what I'm writing. So, we're now http://shewillamazeyou.blogspot.com And the she, is clearly E, not me, I'm not that narcissistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment