Monday, March 26, 2012

I took Ellie in to the doctor, and it was the most stressful two minute drive of my life. The alarm wouldn't stop ringing! She kept ringing in the waiting room, and then as soon as we were in the patient room, all her levels went back to normal.

I was worried the doctor would think I was a lunatic! But, then Ellie coughed, and turned purple while he was listening to her, so at least she helped herself.

He prescribed a Ventolin nebulizer, four times a day until her breathing clears up. She sounded wheezy.

I had to go, pick up the Ventolin, and then drive all over on the hunt for a nebulizer! I finally found one, at the third pharmacy I tried.  So, now we're home, and she's had her first treatment. I'm a little on edge with the potential side effects, but I think we're in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment