Saturday, March 3, 2012

A day with Ellie

Tomorrow begins my "Care by Parent" weekend. I am nervous! I haven't spent 24 hours with Ellie in months, and I'm scared she's going to be bored of me. I know she won't be, the rational part of my brain says everything will be great, but the emotional side is scared of rejection. I am "checking in" tomorrow at 1pm, will have a bit of a break when Jason cmes to cover me, so that I can go to my last chance work-out, and weigh-in, to mark the end of my Choose-to-Lose competition (which was a disaster... must try again with all the info, exercises and suggestions, when my life is not crazy). After that, I will go back, and spend the night with my girl. No nurses, no one but the two of us, in a room. Hmmm... I intend to bring my laptop with me for nap and early night entertainment. I have no idea what to expect. I don't know how the night will go. It might go well, it might not. In any case, we have her new bipap machine, complete with travel battery (which, for the record, is a car battery), and her new trim oximeter. I am glad we got those sorted out. Dr. D doesn't think Ellie is quite ready to go, I know she would be more comfortable if we waited until Ellie fit the blue mask, but she is nowhere near there yet. Lots to think about, lots to worry about. Here's hoping she just blows me away, and we both get a great sleep. Will update at every nap :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment