Monday, March 19, 2012

Eeeeeek!!!

It's official! Ellie is coming HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nursing hours have been filled, doctors orders have been sent off, and discharge papers are being completed. We are going home on Wednesday night. I am beyond excited!

At the same time, I'm completely terrified. Ellie is so different from when she was last at home, and she's become awfully accustomed to be constantly played with, cuddled, and generally loved upon. Jakob is not used to sharing my attention while he's at home. We're all going to have to adjust to having her home, but this is amazing. Amazing to think that in two sleeps from now, the four of us will finally sleep under the same roof again (plus a nurse, which will be interesting...)

I had to say goodbye to one of my favourite nurses today. She won't be there tomorrow or Wednesday. That made my heart ache. I love them, all the staff that looks after Ellie, they've really become like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment