Wednesday, February 8, 2012

We had an early hospital visit this morning, because we met with Leora, our IDP consultant. She was blown away by the progress that Ellie has made. I was happy that our pt's came to visit while she was there, because they had the chance to emphasize how important regular pt is going to be when we come home.

Ellie does not like her new BiPAP mask one bit. I don't blame her, it blocks her eyes, it's loud, and requires a substantial amount of pressure to keep it on her face. I am going to ask again, if we can modify the pillow mask to fit her more properly, and hold off using this new mask. It just looks so uncomfortable, and it's so loud and whistly.

They are presenting Ellie's case for nursing support  today, so any positive thoughts sent that way would be appreciated. If we get approved for "adequate" hours, the agency will let us know today, and then they will start hiring nurses for home. I didn't get a clear cut answer as to how long that usually takes.

I asked about getting equipment for home. Leora is going to look into getting Ellie a corner chair, from their OT office. One of the charge nurses was going to look into ordering a new oximeter, BiPAP machine, and gh therapy supplies for us through the At Home program.

I also asked, since my monthly parking pass was up, what I should do in terms of parking. My options were to buy weekly passes at $55 a week, or a monthly pass for $90. It's $15 a day without a pass, so if I bought the weekly pass, and for whatever reason we weren't discharged by the end of the week, I would probably end up buying daily passes, and would already match the $90 in two and a half days. So, I bought the monthly pass. Maybe the Universe will see that I'm being cautious, and not overly confident in her coming home, so it won't try to spite me by making her stay longer than it has to be.

I am sick, Jakob is sick, Jason is sick. My mother-in-law was sick last week. It's not a fun one either, starts with a sore throat, then leaves you will plegm at the back of your throat/nasal cavity. If she gets it, which seems rather likely, it will require monitoring again. Ugh... We'll see. It's still early, I was prepared to have her in hospital until the end of March, we're the beginning of February.

Holy crap. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my first night in hospital. One year.

No comments:

Post a Comment