Saturday, February 11, 2012

Beautiful girl has been here too long :( another night of tucking her in, kissing her cheek, and knowing someone else is going to feed her once more, get her into her night clothes and really put her to bed. Tonight I was very close to asking to bring her home. Just for one night. Sigh...

Today, before we journied in to see her, Jason and I moved the bookshelf from the kitchen to the den, the glider from Ellie's room to the living room, and generally started putting things away. We donated a ton of stuff to the thrift shop, clothes, picture frames, knick-knacks. I rearranged, and folded everything in her drawers. Tomorrow, we are going to finish the declutter process in both kids' rooms, prep the kitchen for painting, and vacuum. I would like to get the crib back into Ellie's room, too, in preparation for her homecoming. I want a new duvet for the twin bed in her room. The one in there now won't cut it, if I am spending my nights with her.
I am secretly looking forward to my nights with her, when Jay is home, and he can make sure Jakob is alright. I long to snuggle her, to watch her sleep, to sing to her when no one else is listening. I promise to savour every moment I have with her, I have missed too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment