Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today was a huge day! Ellie trialed out her new BiPAP mask, and it fit!! That means we are one step closer to going home. The mask is still a little big, and it obstructs her vision, but it is "safe" for home.

Poor nugget is 100% going to have to sleep in her own room when she comes home, the mask is LOUD. The pillow mask she's had since the beginning has a leak rate of 16 something per minute. The new mask has a leak of 40+, which makes a considerable difference in sound. There's no way anyone will be able to sleep in the same room as her, and not be disturbed by the noise. I'm not sure what we can do about that either, it's a problem with the vent holes being too small, I think. I haven't really looked too closely.

We played on the floor mat for quite a while, and I could put her on her belly, with her hands under her, and she would roll onto her back! She can go both directions, which is amazing. All that's left is getting enough momentum to end up fully on her belly, when she rolls from her back. She's going to be moving in no time.

Sitting is going fantastically well. I was looking at photos from Christmas, and her head control was still so poor, despite having decent core control. She's a pro now! I am so excited about all her progress.

She's also gotten loud. She's found her voice, and everything from babbles, to squeals, coos and cries are loud enough to draw attention from down the hall. She's making her presence known, and it's awesome.

Leora, our case worker for IDP, is coming to visit tomorrow morning. I am so looking forward to getting her impression of the changes. I see Ellie every day, she hasn't seen her since before Christmas, before BiPAP started! I bet she won't even recognize Ellie. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment