Sunday, February 12, 2012

Today was the single best day of my 2012 so far. Today, for seven perfect hours, I had my baby doll home. She napped, she fed, she played, she visited with her Auntie Amber, Uncle Sandre and cousin Linnea. She snuggled me, oh how she snuggled, like she was trying to erase every space between us. She was a ham for the camera, and made us laugh at dinner. She had a midbacker poop, had a bath, got dressed in new pj's, and got ready to go back to her home away from home.
She doesn't like the car, the darkness of night. She is staring at me, she knows she is going back.
With the rain falling, the cold wind blowing, it is all I can do not to keep her in my arms, where she belongs, at home.
I will be patient. The end of this ordeal is almost near. And, tomorrow I will see her in the morning.
I can almost keep my composure, but the Jakob says, in a little tiny voice "mommy, I want to take care of her. Can't she stay if I help?".
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment