Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm on a big Thai curry kick this week. I found a box of dried coconut milk that served as my inspiration. We've had three versions, tonight's being butternut squash curry with coconut brown rice. It's delicious.

Before I started cooking, my FIL called to ask if we wanted to go out to dinner. Fine, except the destination was McDonald`s! Are you kidding me? Not a chance!!

Today, I had a personal doctor's appointment. Jakob couldn't quite wrap his head around that. It may sound ridiculously vain, but I am super-duper self-conscious about some moles on my face that have raised since I had my babies. It has recently come to my attention that people don't notice them (or they're just lying...) but I notice them, especially in photos.

I've been wanting to have them removed for a long time, and so today I finally went for a consultation with a surgeon. I could have gone to my gp, but I care about not having scarring...

I thought it would be really expensive to have them removed, and the cost is really what's held me back for so long. I read somewhere that they cost about $150-300 a piece to have removed. *Cringe*

Well, it turns out that the first is $250, and to have another four removed is just an additional $50. $300 total. I was really excited when she said that. Even more excited when I went to book my actual appointment, to find they'd had a cancellation, and I can go in this coming Monday!

After the appointment, we went to see Ellie. She's great!! She has started nodding for "yes", and shaking her head for "no". Adorable! She was in a great mood all afternoon, even had a mini-snooze with me, while Jakob was playing with a volunteer.

All in all, it was a pretty decent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment