Monday, February 6, 2012



I need to read more, I find that my vocabulary is slipping, and I am having a hard time finding the words that once used to flow so easily.

Today I was happy. Woke up happy, was happy throughout the whole hospital visit (except maybe when Ellie was getting her Synagis vaccine, and was so sad), then for the rest of the day, up until now! I'm sure the sun has something to do with it, today was such a beautiful, bright shining day.

When we got to the hospital, Ellie was napping, with a beam of sunlight making its way through the ward, landing on her perfect little face. She woke up at the sound of my voice, and greeted me with the most gorgeous, heart melting smile. She knows her Mama, that is for certain.


Today, a nurse came to discuss some of the information in Ellie's chart, as part of the process to writing up a care plan for when we go home. Can you believe they are finally preparing for us to go home?
The nurse that administered Ellie's Synagis also booked us in for her next vaccine in three weeks, in their clinic, not in the hospital. We are making progress.

Ellie had two physiotherapy sessions today. I think I'm going to miss her pt's more than anyone else! They've developed her muscle tone, and developmental skills so much more than we could have done at home. Today we were working on rolling, and sitting. Ellie can very easily (almost too easily) roll from right to left, and back again. If her arm happens to be in the proper position, she can roll all the way over. Same goes for if she is on her stomach, if her arm happens to not be in the way, she can roll to her back. She likes tummy time, which is a tremendous improvement. Depending on her mood, and on how much she feels like participating, she will or will not lift her head. That remains her biggest hurdle. In all seriousness, her noggin is rather large compared to her bitty body. I'm not surprised it's difficult to lift!

I have a bunch of photos from today, but they won't load for some reason! Will update them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment