Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today was quite the day. Ellie was so grumpy earlier, but after a long, unscheduled nap, she awoke bright eyed, and full of smiles.
I had forgotten that today was a growth check day, and was surprised when our endocrinology nurse appeared at 4:30pm. Ellie was in such a great mood, and giggled as we lay her onto the measuring table. I was giddy with the results, you won't even believe it! In the last four times we've measured her, she's been steadily growing 3mm every two weeks. In the last two weeks, she grew 9mm!! NINE! Triple the normal rate.
I was shocked!
And then, as if she was trying to knock the socks off everyone in the room, she stood, for the very first time, just holding on to my hands.
WHAT?!?!

Who is this girl? I have no idea!

She happily performed for every new person that walked into the room, and I would bet money that she will be able to support herself on a chair, or table edge by week's end. She couldn't bear weight at all on her legs a week ago, yesterday she could for a split second. Today, practically indefinitely. The change in her level of strength is absolutely outstanding (ha, pardon the pun).

I will post a photo tomorrow! You have to see her in action!

1 comment: