Saturday, February 25, 2012

1440 hours

Today is day 60 of Ellie being in the ICU. 1440 hours... realistically, the average time I am there daily is 4 hours. 240 hours out of her whole stay. Ten days out of sixty.
The village that is raising her, that is loving, and caring for her, is so amazing.
This week, I hope to start a project, before we come home, where I leave a camera by her bedside, and ask everyone who snuggles her to have their photo taken with her. There are SO many people who love Ellie, people whom I have never met! It is amazing.
She is going to miss them, a lot, I am afraid. Why wouldn't she?
I want to make her a book to remember everyone by. We can read it every night, so we remember how lucky she is to be loved by so many.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to have them take pictures with her. I wish I would have gotten pictures of Jackson and Addison with their nicu nurses.

    ReplyDelete