Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I am exhausted!!

This morning I has to go downtown for an ech cardiogram. I went in trhe wrong entrance and ended up having to walk all the way to the other side of the hospital. When I got there, I realised I didn't have the requisition with me. I asked the receptionist if I was in the right spot, but I wasn't on her list. I told her I was there for an echo and she looked at me fuuny. She said "an ecg?" To which I replied "I guess so…". She took down my particulars, sent me into a room, where they plastered me with stickers and covered me in leads. That was an electrocardiogram, NOT an echo, and I am glad I knew the difference. When the ecg was done, I left in search of the right office. I backtracked to the first entrance, made my way to the cardiology dept. They had me on file, but I had to go BACK to where I had the ecg, and instead of turning right, I had to turn left. OMG. I thought I was going to pass out from the exertion.
Finally found the right place! The echo took over an hour. The tech needed the doctor to com in an do some measurements. Apparently being very thin interferes with their ability to take good shots. It HURT!!!
My ribs and left boob feel bruised. The doc said "well... your test is 'okaaay', we'll send this up to the cardiologist and they'll contact your doctor. Okay? I guess it is better than bad, but normally all my tests come back Great!
We can only wait to see what they say on Friday.
I bussed home, which was another adventure, and now nothing at all is going to unglue me from my chaise longue! Nothing!!
Tomorrow I have the bloodwork and holter monitor fitting. Can't wait for Friday to get here already.

No comments:

Post a Comment