Thursday, March 3, 2011

More blood work...

I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to get bloodwork done before my appointment tomorrow. They faxed the requistion a week ago, but I just remembered. I got there at 3:57pm... they close at 4:00!!! So, I got my tests done, no idea when they are going to be back. According to the requisition, they were testing for toxoplasmosis IgM and IgG.

When I got there, the nurse (who is the same one who did ALL my beta draws from the beginning til like 10 weeks) looked up the requisition, and said, "Oh, prenatal? Have you had any other tests done?" I told her that I was 25 weeks, and that my baby wasn't growing enough so they were trying to rule out infection. She looked at me, sort of shocked, and said, "Ah, that makes sense, you're TINY for 25 weeks". Thanks a whole effing lot. I really wish that my outings were more pleasant than just going out for ultrasounds, bloodwork and appointments. Really!!!

Toxoplasmosis is that cat-related disease. EWW. I hate cats. I am pretty sure that it's going to come back negative, but they're just trying to rule out all the reasons that Ellie is little.

Maybe she's grown, tomorrow is coming up quickly, I just want to get it all over with.

2 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for a great scan - hopefully Ellie has grown like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for good news from the scan. Grow Ellie Grow!

    (I'm on FF June board with you!)

    ReplyDelete