Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We arrived at the hospital today, just in time for Ellie to be measured by endocrinology. By the same nurse as when she was admitted, on the same measuring board.

Oh, how I wish I had just been patient, and not tried measuring her on our own. I was so excited, so sure she had grown enough, and my heart broke when I saw the headboard slide down, and the number read out 54.9cm

Ellie was 54.5cm last time. She needed to grow at least 7mm, to be on track for "normalized" growth, to be able to go another month on her own, to give her the chance to fit that bigger mask. 4mm just doesn`t cut it, and I am crushed.

I cried into her pretty blonde hair this evening, that I was so sorry. So sorry she hadn`t grown enough.

I am going in early tomorrow, for rounds, to see what the verdict is.

No comments:

Post a Comment