Saturday, January 28, 2012

This spring, we would like to sell our townhouse, and buy a detached house. We've made a plan to do one project per days off, and hopefully that means everything we want to have finished will be finished in eight weeks.

This week, our project was to buy a new built-in vacuum, because we thought ours had packed it in. We went in to the local vacuum shock, and nearly died of sticker shock. I cannot believe how expensive central vacuum systems are! It made me think the prices of those Dysons might not be so ridiculous after all. Well, we started chatting with the owner of the shop, and he told us our machine might be repairable! Repairable it was, Jason is picking it up right now. It was still expensive, but will last for several years (it has a new motor), and I can't wait to start vacuuming. Seriously! I am actually looking forward to having it back.

Next week, we're reorganizing our kitchen eating space/office space. I am dismantling my sewing area, and we are going to paint. I have disliked the red in our kitchen since the day that we moved in. Finally, it's going away. We are taking down the shelving unit attached to the wall, and moving it into the laundry room. I'm going to paint the sewing desk Great-Grandpa built for me, and use it to store my many kitchen appliances. I am also going to buy some grey, yellow, and white fabric to make box valances for over the windows in the kitchen. It's going to be a busy week!

After that, we're going to change the countetops in the kitchen (probably around Easter), get a new toilet for our bathroom, touch up the paint around the whole house, put in a new vanity light in the kids' bathroom, paint the kids' bathroom to something more neutral, reorganize our den, declutter, declutter, and declutter.

I love spring cleaning. I love the idea of refreshing everything, of getting rid of the clutter in our lives, of simplifying. When all the inside is done, we'll move outdoors, pressure wash the patio, put in some new plants, and finally list the place! It's going to be exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment