Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are still waiting on the results of the EEG that was done on Monday. Ellie had a neurology consult today, and of course, didn't perform. I have to remember to bring in my camera so they can see the evidence of her winking. I have a ton of photos, she usually does it all the time.

They want her to have a ct scan. I've been doing some research, and the thought of exposing her to radiation bothers me, so I am going to ask why they can't do an MRI, instead. I'm all for finding out if there's something going on with her brain, but not if it's going to increase her chance of getting cancer later.

Here are the photos I am going to bring in with me, she kept doing it, over and over...


She might just be hamming it up, but they said it's unusual for babies to do this.

UPDATE:
The EEG results came back abnormal. Dr. D said something about slow waveforms on the left side of her brain, which could explain the "tics" and her not using her left side as much as her right. We are still waiting for the results of the CT scan from this morning. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow afternoon I learn how to administer growth hormone. I am so looking forward to it. Finally, after all these months, we are finally starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment