Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jakob spent the day with my mother-in-law. I got myself ready, and headed in to see Ellie. I realized, on my way in, that I was alone, and finally had the time to stop and donate blood. So, I made a short stopover at the blood bank, and went in for an appointment. There are a ton of reasons they turn people away, but I qualify, and I have Donor for Life status. I have donated 16 times, although this is the first time in 4 years. I have another appointment at the end of March.
Being here in hospital, seeing *sick* children, I see how much it matters.
I came to see Ellie a little after 2pm. I was greeted with a huge smile. It has taken a while to develop, but ellie finally shows a true preference for her mama.
Today, we played, worked on rolling, on sitting. We had a nap in my big comfy chair. She woke up, and I fed her, and she smiled a thousand times at me. We played peekaboo, and she giggled, a giggle that sounds like angel bells ringing. She is perfect.
I am sitting, rocking, with her nestled in the crook of my arm. So many times today, I thought "I should take a photo of this", "I should tape this". But, that would mean breaking the moment, and moments like these don't happen enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment