Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today was fine. Apparently, I made a huge deal about nothing, because I have one of the best behaved little boys on the planet.

This morning, we woke up with enough time to get dressed, fed and out the door in time to get a prime parking spot. I would have walked, except it was rather blustery out, and it was party day at preschool. I love, love Jakob's preschool. They learn so much, and he genuinely likes his friends and his teachers. He has a big heart.

After the party, I went home, and back to bed for an hour. My mother-in-law, and SIL have the flu, and I've been feeling rather run down this week. A little extra sleep is my best defense against a bug. I woke up, put my face on, did my hair, and picked little Man up. We came back home, woke up Jason, had lunch (Bean and Salsa Soup with Alphabet noodles!), then headed out the door to see our Ellie.

I got there just in time for her 1:30pm feed. She does so well with her feeds now, it's amazing. After that, she played on her floor mat, impressing her daddy by rolling as fast as she could from one side, to the other. She thinks she is hilarious. She is right.

The time came for her gh shot, and I was a little apprehensive about Jason helping out with that. He's not the best with needles, and has an aggressive vaso-vagal response (ie, it doesn't take much for him to pass out). He did PHENOMENALLY! Seriously, Dad of the Year Award worthy performance. I was impressed. I think we are going to try to team up for shot time as often as possible, she was so happy to be cuddled by daddy afterward.

Jason had to go to work, so I set up a movie for Jakob, and Ellie and I had a little snuggle time. When she woke up, Ellie played on the floor mat again, and I wish I'd had my video camera with me!! She was so excited that Jakob was paying attention to her (he was between videos), that while on her belly, she held her head up, looking at him, for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT. I kid you not, it was amazing. She drew a crowd of observers, probably because I was going bezerk with excitement. To top that off, because her arm happened to be in the right position, she rolled from belly to back. Ah, big day!

I think it's going to be interesting trying to differentiate between what she would have done naturally, versus what progress can eventually be attributed to the growth hormone. We've already seen such an increase in activity, in strength, in milestones, I wonder what the gh is going to help with! We'll see. I forgot to ask Dr. Dee about starting solid food.

Jakob and I came home around 6:30pm, and had a healthy, tiny dishes meal. We had hard boiled eggs with cut up toast, cucumber sticks with peanut sauce, apples with cheddar cheese, mandarin orange pieces with cottage cheese, and yogurt. He loved the selection of little dishes and the variety, although nothing was particularly exciting.

After dinner, we played the laundry sorting game. Ha, more like child labour! My laundry situation is bordering on catastrophic, and we're whipping it into shape. He sorted all the clothes into dark, light, and bright bins. Meanwhile, I cleaned the kitchen.

Now it's bath-time, and after that, I hope he goes nicely to bed. I plan to fold the laundry that's presently in the dryer, then I'm going to have a glass of wine, read a book, and consider this a great day.

Apparently, I can do this on my own. Thank you, random bucket of extra strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment