Friday, January 6, 2012

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I'm making her a layer cake, with strawberry filling, and whipping cream frosting. This is my go to recipe for White Cake:


  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
 Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease your pan with Let Me Go!*
  1. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat forever... I usually leave the mixer running for about 5-7 minutes.
  2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
  3. Stir in the vanilla (or Almond extract, or any other flavouring you like!). 
  4. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. 
  5. Stir in the milk until everything is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan. 
  6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch. 
This is the recipe I use to fill two 6x2" pans, with enough leftover to make half a dozen mini cupcakes, You can half the recipe and it will make enough to fill a 9x9" pan :)


Let Me Go!
This is my favourite cake release recipe. Seriously, awesome. I've tried greasing, then flouring. I've tried so many different ways of getting my cakes out of their pans. This works!


In a small bowl, mix 1 part vegetable oil, 1 part margarine, 1 part flour. Mix with a fork until smooth. Use a pastry brush to apply liberally to your pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment