Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jakob and I are waiting for Grandma to finish with her hair appointment, so we can all go to see Ellie together. It snowed last night, and Jakob is dying to go play outside, but I had some things - mainly laundry- to do, so we've been playing indoors.

Jakob is crazy about his play dough. Presently, he is pretending it is a big pizza, and is cutting it into wedges with a Popsicle stick. You have to admire the imagination of a three year old, it's really tremendous.

I made a batch of crackers, using up a Pillsbury pie crust that had been  sitting in my fridge for too long. So easy, and tasty! All you do is unroll the pie dough, and cut out shapes. Then you bake at 425 for 8-10minutes. Jakob loved them, I love them, all in all very fun. If I had been so inclined, I obviously would have made my own dough. We rarely buy pre-made doughs, and I'm struggling to remember why we bought the package in the first place. Next week, I am going to make goldfish crackers!

Jakob asked for applesauce, so I pulled out the Beaba BabyCook, and made him some applesauce. At least the machine is getting used while Ellie is in the hospital! That reminds me, I need to ask the doctors about starting her back on solids. 

We are also making sourdough. I've neglected my starter for a long, long time, so I hope that I rescued it, and our bread isn't too tangy! I am going to try to remember to feed it weekly, all it takes is three minutes. It's worth it for incredibly tasty homemade bread.

Time to go play in the snow, while my bread is rising. Ack, I just realized that I didn't leave myself enough time to bake it before we leave. Hmmm... this ought to be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment