Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm sitting here, watching my "nanny" (for wont of a better word, she was my nanny when I was growing up, now she's more like my aunt!) whipping my laundry situation - including fabric for pending orders- into shape. She's amazing. Since my mom doesn't need her every week, I'm lucky to get her once a month :)

Last night, J spent the night with my inlaws, and DH made me the most incredible, romantic meal ever! Started with maple wheat, walnut, and cheddar cheese stuffed, baked apples. Then had the juiciest roast beef, and a red lettuce, mango and pecan salad. Then he found my fancy dessert glasses that we never use, and made beautiful strawberry, honey and Greek yogurt parfaits. I was in HEAVEN.

After dinner (he even did all the dishes!!!!) we watched Easy A, and went to bed at a decent hour. He left for work around 5 this morning, and I was up from 3-6:30am completely unable to sleep. Go figure, the first night in a while where I was guaranteed NO distractions, no early "Mommy, Mommy!" calls and I couldn't sleep for the life of me.

Right now it's snowing, a lot. I have to get in to Vancouver (time to move over to my parents for the next 4 days) and hopefully the snow isn't on the roads, otherwise I think Jand I might ask for a ride in Grandpa's truck. I'm not supposed to be driving, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous dinner - what a great husband! Hope you've been getting better sleep!

    ReplyDelete