Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Whichever way you look at it, I've made it to viability. Thank God.

I'm really struggling these days, with a lot of things, most especially wondering if there's something that I did that would cause Ellie to be so tiny. I've looked at all the reasons they list for maternal influences on fetal size, and none apply to me, but I still can't help myself from feeling responsible.
There are some people who are starting to drive me crazy, with their "maybe you just make small babies" comments. No, I don't. I make average-big babies, J is evidence of that, my placenta just sucks.

Still waiting on appointment times for the ultrasound next week as well as my MFM appointment, but I did hear back from the nurse who filled my requistion for the additional bloodwork they want run. More needles, great.

I'm going to head over to the lab tomorrow afternoon or Friday, depending on what time the midwife stops by tomorrow. I know that I'm up for my GD test, so might as well kill two birds with one stone. I figure if they have to do bloodwork with the GD test, it makes sense to get it done at the same time they're poking the hole for the other tests. My arms are tired of being poked. I don't even cringe anymore, I've had so many blood tests.

We're at home today, been here since yesterday. J has been doing well, and is going into his fourth hour of napping today. We're going to my inlaws to dinner, which usually means a later night than we'd like. While J naps, DH gets time for video games, and I get time to think about nothing (or everything...depening on my mood).

Dr.K called this morning to see how everything was. She said she'd received a copy of my ultrasound report from last week, and was calling to make sure that they were following me for Ellie's growth. Yes, yes, all under control.

PLEASE, grow little girl. Please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment