Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, February 21, 2011

I haven't been great at blogging these past couple days. I'm exhausted, and I'm making the most of the time I have at my mom's, with J here too. I can't even begin to explain how much I missed him while I was away.

Things are going well, as well as they can be expected to. I've been doing too much sitting, and it's making me a little crazy and achy, but my mom's physiotherapist friend suggested some great exercises for me, which have helped a lot.

Been catching up on movies, and reading, and I got a fancy new android smart phone, which I'm in love with. I spent two hours last night playing Angry Birds. I gave my husband a lecture for introducing me to addictive games, definitely not nice!

I have my midwife appointment on Thursday, and tomorrow evening we're going home for three nights, while DH is off. On Friday, my in-laws are going to take J, since DH works the day shift starting on Saturday morning. We're going to have a date! Hopefully it can make up for Valentine's Day's lack of romance (which was by NO means my husband's fault!!)

The contractions haven't been bad at all, they're almost all braxton hicks, which is a nice change. I haven't check, nor do I have any plans to check my cervix. I'm leaving well-enough alone.

My MFM doc called me this morning, and I have to call her back tomorrow. Apparently in the chaos that followed DH 's "moment" at our appointment, she missed some points in our consult, and she wants to discuss before my next appointment. She told me to have her paged even though she won't be working tomorrow... I'm trying not to worry. She called my cell twice, and the house twice before leaving a message. I need to let the whole (non-crazy, non-stalker) world know about my new phone number!

I really hope it's nothing, or maybe that it's even good news. I don't know though... I'm no good with suspense.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie! It's Dgirl03 (Elise) from the June Board on FF. I sat down and read your entire blog, and though I wish you didn't have reason to blog - I really enjoyed your writing! I giggled, I worried, and I got teary-eyed when you described that heart wrenching phone call from Jakob. I have a two year old son so it really hit home. I'm so glad you're out of the hospital and with your family now; it must have killed you to be away from your little guy that long. It sounds like you are getting great care, both from your midwives and the MFM. I'm interested to hear why she wants you to page her!

    Some of what you've gone through is all too familiar to me. Our situations are not at all comparable, though, because we discovered my cervix was shortening and funneling at 32 weeks when I was pregnant with my son - obviously a significantly different situation than effacement and funneling caught at your gestation. I, too, was hospitalized for a week. It was my first pregnancy, so thankfully I only had my husband to miss. Still, not an experience I want to repeat. :)

    Keep up the good spirits, mama! I am pulling for you and sweet Ellie and I know all the ladies on FF are too!

    Take Care,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete