Thursday, February 17, 2011

‎Wednesday, ‎February ‎16, ‎2011

‎Wednesday, ‎February ‎16, ‎2011
Been here for a week. A whole week. Dr. K came to check on me this morning. Wow, she dresses up for work! She looked awesome, nice trench coat, wicked boots. Ah, I have worn pajamas for the last week. I want to get dressed up again.
My iv hurts so, so much. No contractions or cramping this morning. I told Dr. K, and she said she had no idea why this was happening to me, but it was better to be safe and wait until the MFM appointment. She was going to get her assistant to look into that for me. She said that she's going away for the weekend (I think I would make a policy of going away on weekends if I were in her field, she works such crazy long hours), but if the appointment is over the weekend, they'll let me know. I hope that it's before Friday. So much. I guess I am going to be here, in Richmond until I've seen the MFM. She knows I'd rather be at home, and said she knew they weren't doing much for me, but it's just a matter of getting to 24 weeks. 3-4 more sleeps.
I guess my ultrasound is a go-ahead for this afternoon. DH  said he and J were going to come visit me this morning before lunch. Hoping for the exact same measurements as the other day, 2.5-2.8cm, with maybe signs of funneling, but it would be nice if that could reverse itself.
there us a reverse direct relationship between cervical length and the risk of premature births. At 24 weeks,
Cx <30mm,>5 38.5% >3 12.1%
funneling 17.3%
28 weeks
7
11.3
16.7
25.6 9.9
11.6
dilation 0, 1-2, 3+4, >5cm
effacement 0-30, 31-50, 21-80, >80, amount of stretch OR 0>3cm, 1>2cm, 2>1cm, 3>0cm
consistency/softness
position: anterior or posterior.
fetal station -3,- 2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3
each score 0-2, or 0-3, max total of 13
Sheila came by again this morning, I should really give Lindsay a call. My nurse is Melanie today. She is super sweet, really cut out for this kind of job. She said every day that Ellie stays in, counts as two days she would have to stay in the NICU. I'm ready to do everything I can to keep her in, I didn't know it made that much of a difference. It does make sense though, my body is always going to trump the incubators and machines they use to try to replicate the woman. The nurses are so friendly. I wish I could remember all their names. I have been here a week, I should know them better. I had another one, one that was my nurse the other day, come by to check on me, just because I'm still here. She said the ultrasound will be a nice update, and we can see if all this bed rest is working.
Carla called, then the nurse came and took out my saline lock! Feels so, so incredibly better. Amazing. I can type without any pain. Oh, the little things that make me happy.

Mom and Dad called. Mom's coming home tomorrow, thank goodness. I am going to ask DH  and J to pick her up tomorrow at the airport in the afternoon. They'll come here for a visit, then take Mom home. You have no idea how happy I am to see her.
I just had an awesome shower. The best one I've had so far (I've only had three in a week) because I didn't have an iv in!

Ooh, visitors :)

*update!!! I got released from the hospital. My ultrasound today showed a cervix of 2.3mm, with no obvious funneling, which means the bed rest is working. I am beyond happy to be home. I'm having a detailed ultrasound tomorrow afternoon, at Women's, and then I'm meeting with the perinatologist on Friday.

Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment