Thursday, February 24, 2011

MW appointment

The midwife showed up late this afternoon, but I was happy to see her nonetheless. We pretty much just talked for a good hour, then she did my bp (96/58), listened to the baby (130bpm), did a fundal measurement (spot on for dates, but my bladder was about to burst) and felt my belly.

We talked a lot about all the things that the MFM talked about. Small for dates babies, induction vs c-section (she said it will most likely be an induction, as long as my placenta cooperates, if we have to get her born), placental function, nutrition, serial ultrasounds, changing due dates.

One thing I was happy to hear, was that I have options if Ellie doesn't grow enough in the next 4 weeks. Mainly, if the placenta is still functioning, even if she's not growing very much, there's still a TON of stuff that's developing, like brain matter and lung function, and circulation. Might make sense to leave her in until the placenta kicks the bucket.

I am going to see the midwives every 4 weeks or so until whenever they increase the frequency. She said she doesn't want to overkill me with appointments.

Hmmm, there was something else. Gaah, my brain isn't working. WTF. I can't think.

something about, OH YEAH. I don't have to do the gestational diabetes screen unless I really want to. They've changed how they do the screen, it involves a 12 hour fast, a fasting levels blood draw, the sugar drink and draws at 1 and 2 hours. For someone on bedrest, with zero risk factors, she said it doesn't make sense to put me through all that. I am totally okay with it. Since, I don't make giant babies, and I eat a really well balanced diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment