Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Last night was pretty good. I was a little worried, when the discharged me from the hospital, considering it was a long ride home, through traffic, and on Monday, with the trial run day-pass it didn't go so well. As soon as we got home, I got into bed, not the pullout couch downstairs, but MY bed. Ah, I missed it. Although it was nice having the fancy hospital bed with electric up and down and adjustable everything, I was so happy to have my body pillow back and sleep on my mattress. Having my hubby beside me was a little weird. I got so used to sleeping on my own, at it was only 7 nights that I was away!! I really missed him, and to be completely honest, I didn't think about sex once in the last week, and now that I'm at home and I'm absolutely not allowed, it's hard!
J woke up sometime in the middle of the night, and came into our room. The look on his face was amazing. He was SO happy to find me still here. He snuggled in beside me, and played with my hair. He told me "I missed you sooo much, Mommy, see me? *look at me* I love you too much, so much too much". He's changed an awful lot in a week. I don't want to have to go back to the hospital.
My mom is on her way home, she arrives at 3:00pm, provided there are no delays. My appointment for that detailed scan is this after noon at 2:15pm (Have to double check that). I have to be there at 2:00pm to check in, and my girlfriend Gail is going to come keep me company. I don't know if she can come in with me to the scan, but if they let her it would be nice to not go in there alone. One would think, after having had as many scans as I have had, that I'd be used to it, or that I wouldn't mind being alone. But, having someone there who silently supports you while the tech doesn't say a word to you, be it good or bad, really helps. After that we're going to have coffee until the boys and my mom come back from the airport.
I am not sure if I am going to go to my mom's tonight overnight, or if I am going to come back home. It might be easier on everyone for me to come home, especially on J. DH has to go back to work tomorrow, I don't quite know how that is going to work, with where I go and where J goes, because my mom is going to be jetlagged.
I'm going to go have a quick shower, because J says I smell. Thanks, little man...
You know what's sad? It was a lot easier being in the hospital. For one thing, no one ever occupied my washroom when I needed/wanted it.
In our house, we have two full bathrooms, and a half-bath. My husband, sweet as he is, knows that I am only allowed to get up to use the bathroom, that's it. Well, could someone please explain to me the logic behind deciding to shower in there, shave in there, and put little Man on the toilet to do his business, when there is a perfectly good bathroom down the hall?! Not wanting to push my luck and walk any more than I have to, I had to wait, and wait and WAIT for the two of them to be done in there. Seriously, wtf is he thinking?
I love looking out the window here, and I know that I'm going to be bored to tears at my mom's, despite having her there, and the boys there. The bedroom that I would stay in (we're trying to minimize my climbing stairs) is in the basement. It's dark and gets no light. There's no view of anything, no tv... But, it's 10 minutes from the hospital, and it definitely beats being in the hospital. Or, does it? UGH.
I don't know how this is all going to work out, today is somewhat of a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment